Our mission for kids at Charter Oak: Learn. Live. Lead.
Learn about God's love through activities and His word.
Live in a fun, safe and God-centered environment.
Lead inside and outside of the church.
Our weekly programs are for children 0 yrs-5th grade and they are available during the second service. We average about 14 kids each week, currently spread over 3 classrooms (Nursery, 4 yrs-1st, and 2nd-5th Grade). As a ministry the events range from weekly, monthly, to annually! We have a welcoming church body that loves to host an annual Vacation Bible Camp that reaches into our community each summer! We have also been putting on monthly outreach events for families (Parent's Night Out, Potluck in the Park, Family Summer Days, etc).
Who we're looking for...
We would like to partner with an individual who has experience with children's ministry teams. This person would have a passion to communicate the gospel to children. We want a leader who can rally a great team of people that loves our kids. This person would have a basic understanding of the child developmental process. A higher education is desired but not required. A commitment to ongoing training is a must. We would love a team player who is committed to our core values.
Some duties of the position ...
- Developing leaders and a volunteer team. (We already have some awesome volunteers, but are excited about building on what we've got).
- Choosing and organizing Bible-based curriculum.
- Training volunteers to understand how vital children's ministries are at Charter Oak.
- Partnering with parents to make our weekly children's program a catalyst for a growing faith.
- Attending weekly staff meetings.
- Plan events for our families and the community.
- Whatever you think will help make our children's ministries ever better and more outward-looking.
If you are interested in being part of an outward-looking, multi-generational church that loves kids, we'd love to hear from you. This position will require approximately 20 hours per week. Pay is commiserate with experience and education.
To Apply: Please send us your resume, a short write-up about yourself and your experience, and 3 references to firstname.lastname@example.org. We will be in touch!